Usability Skills: User-Centered Design Methods, Think Aloud Protocol and Retrospective interview, Cognitive Walkthrough, Eye Tracking Protocol, Heuristic Evaluation, Contextual Inquiry, Wireframimng, Persona and Scenario Creation, Task Analysis, Story Boarding, Lo-Hi Fidelity Prototyping, Brainstorming, Focus Group, UML diagraming, Use Case Document creation, Running a full design cycle (Requirement > Ideate > Design > Test)
Softwares Packages: Adobe CS3 Design Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Flash), Microsoft Office
Languages and Scripting: HTML, CSS, ActionScript, PHP, MySQL, Python, C, C++
University of Michigan, School of Information, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA. Graduating: April 2012
Masters of Science in Information, specializing in Human-Computer Interaction (HCI) and Social Computing
Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Guwahati, Assam, INDIA. Batch 2004-2008
Bachelors of Design, majors in Usability Engineering and HCI
GPA: 8.7/10, Department Rank: 3
1) MICHR (Michigan Clinical and Health Research) and Psychology Department, University of Michigan
Duration: September 2010- till date
Job Title: Interaction Designer and Graduate Student Instrcutor (GSI) for Cognitive Psychology
- Currently working in the design iteration phase of design cycle (Ideate > Design > Test) for the
volunteer enrollment module.
- Evaluated the existing website for conformance with usability standards and best practices.
- Created screen inventories and recommendation matrix and prioritized issues for version fixes.
- Conducted User Testing for volunteer module assessment and created evaluations documents.
- Analyzed 10 months of user-email log data to devise design strategy and implementation priority.
- Conducted participatory design session to create workflow of cognitive psychology web-app for conducting in-class experiments. Designed its wireframes and use-case document for developers.
2) VMWare Inc, Palo Alto, CA
Duration: May- Aug 2011
Job Title: Interaction Designer, Intern
- Analyzed cloud-storage system-level challenges by employing user-centered design principles.
- Worked with development team to design and deploy a new cloud storage enhancement feature.
- Designed Flex prototype integrated with API, following in-house usability standards and guidelines.
- Completed a full design cycle (Requirement > Ideation > Design > Iteration > Test > Redesign) for creating and deploying the feature.
3) FICO (NYSE: FIC, formerly called Fair Isaac), Bangalore, India
Duration: June 2008 - June 2010
Job Title: User Experience Engineer
- Provided attractive, unified, consistent user experiences that meets market, customer, and end-user needs across FICO product portfolio.
- Conducted benchmark usability testing and A/B testing of in-house FICO products and produced lo-fi and hi-fi prototypes for efficient information exchange. Used discount usability and patch designs to quickly enter into the FICO software development lifecycle.
- Evangelized value of UX through test-findings, evaluation documents and presentations to the stakeholders.
- Worked with several in-house teams situated globally. Worked closely with business analysts and developers to gather requirements and deploy designs. Guided and mentored new employees joining the team.
- Built and maintained template libraries for persona, usability testing and evaluation.
4) HCI Group, University of Bath, UK
Duration: May-July 2007
Job Title: Assistant Researcher, Intern
- Explored the domain of CSCW along with cross cultural issues impacting collaborations and interactions between individuals and groups.
- Studied the interaction parameters and identified the role of one specific parameter that could assist successful collaboration.
- Conducted user testing with 8 participants using task analysis method following think-aloud protocol to verify the hypothesis and documented findings.
5) Navnirmiti (NGO working for science and mathematics awareness program), Mumbai, India
Duration: May-June 2006
Job Title: Creative Designer, Intern
- Worked within the constraints of size and elements of the playing kit to develop an economic and eco-friendly package which encourages the target users (children in the age group of 8-12 years) to arrange the kit back after playing.
- Incorporated an aspect of brand identity in the package through graphical and spacial components.
- Designed an Instructional manual to facilitate easy learning of the kit.
6) Eicher Motors Ltd. Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh, India
Duration: May 2005
Title: GUI Designer, Intern
Awards for Excellence
- Masters Student Merit Scholarship, University of Michigan, School of Information - 2010-2012
- Special Mention in USID NOKIA Forum International Design Challenge, out of 295 submissions wroldwide - 2009
- 1st Prize in Kyocera Wireless Interface/ Graphic National Design Challenge, out of 389 submissions nationwide - 2007
- David Esther Parkin Research Scholarship at University of Bath, UK. Only four scholarships are awarded every year- 2007
- Qualified IIT JEE All India examination with 99th percentile. Over 2,00,000 students take this exam - 2004
- Young Jaina award for qualifying prestigious IIT-JEE examination - 2004
- Best student award in high school- BMEM higher Secondary School, Bilaspur - 2001
- 2nd position in state level Mathematics Olympiad organized by Holy Faith International - 2001
- Bronze medal winner in the 42nd Inter IIT Aquatics meet in (4*50)meters relay race - 2006
- Represented IIT Guwahati as a member of Table Tennis team in the 42nd Inter IIT Sports Meet– 2006
- Held 2nd position in the Inter-batch TT competition in SPARDHA ’07
- Held 2nd position in the Inter-batch Badminton competition in SPARDHA ’07
- Organizer of New Joinee Orientation Program at FICO
- Girls’ Student Senate Representative in Institute Student body- Gymkhana 2006-07
- Organizer of Gyan Sanchar (the lecture and workshop series) in `Techniche' - the annual Techno-Management festival of IITG - 2006
- Member of organizing team of `Alcheringa' - the annual cultural festival of IITG- 2004, 2005, 2006
- Award of best dramatist in Manthan - the inter hostel cultural festival of IITG – 2004
- Department Student Senate Representative (DUPC member) for two continuous sessions- 2006-07-2008
- Cultural Secretary of Subansiri Hostel in IITG- 2005-06